Most adults participate in education and learning at some point in their adult life (according to statistics from the Central Statistics Office).
The ‘adult learners’ community on this website provides information for any adult interested in, or taking part in, some form of learning. It may be formal or non-formal learning, part-time or full-time, in a workplace, training centre or university, and it can be during unemployment, employment and post retirement.
The reasons people decide to return to learning are wide and varied too:
- You may want to improve your literacy and numeracy?
- Maybe you want to improve your job prospects?
- Perhaps you are exploring a career change?
- You may want to update your skills so that you can do your job better (For example, information technology has transformed the workplace and we all need to keep up-to-date)
- You might simply want to learn for fun?
Whatever the reason, there are lots of opportunities out there for adult learners.
Follow the links on this page to find courses that suit you, and explore a range of supports that may help you on your way.