National College of Art and Design - NCAD
Dublin view map
The National College of Art and Design (NCAD) occupies a unique position in art and design education in Ireland. It offers the largest range of art and design degrees in the state at undergraduate and postgraduate level. NCAD welcomes applicants who are committed to art and design. It is a preparation for life in both a professional and a broad educational sense..
Why Study at NCAD?
- NCAD is ranked among the worlds top 100 universities for Art & Design (2016, QS University Rankings, World Wide by Subject)
- You will gain a university degree from University College Dublin (UCD) which is ranked in the top 1% of world universities.
- The National College of Art and Design has been the most significant provider of Art & Design Education in Ireland for over 250 years.
- Our Thomas Street location has all the energy and excitement of a university campus with a full academic and student life as well as easy access to the dynamic urban and cultural environment of the city. We've been describes as "a mecca of arts and design study" by The Irish Times.
- Our campus facilities include: individual studio space for all studio based students, the NCAD Library, the National Irish Visual Arts Library (NIVAL), the NCAD Gallery, the student concourse and Student’s Union area, the Lucheonette Café, the student gallery and a garden and outdoor area for sunny days.
FIRST YEAR STUDIES
"One of the reasons I came to NCAD was to experience all aspects of art and design." Chenyi Ye, First Year
"I think I’ve grown as a person and matured a lot since I started in NCAD." Genevieve Howard, Fourth Year Jewellery & Metalwork
"It’s a constant learning experience. That’s what I love about designing" William Doherty, Fourth Year Visual Communication
"That’s the cool thing about this college, you have the time and the space and opportunity to put yourself in situations where you can make mistakes." Fabian Strunden, Fourth Year Product Design
“NCAD is a very inclusive and welcoming environment.” Rian Coulter, Third Year Fine Art Print
"The broadness of the course is fantastic. I would honestly recommend it. " Eimear Kinsella, Fourth Year Textile Art & Artefact
"I class myself as an artist teacher. Everything I learn and do in the studio influences what I do in the classroom." Eileen Mooney, Fourth Year Education
"The course makes you question everything you are seeing and think in a completely different way." Grainne Brennan, First Year Visual Culture
More NCAD Student Conversations here
The Centre for Continuing Education in Art and Design (CEAD) is part of the School of Education and offers a range of part-time courses including certificate courses. More information here.
|QQI/FET Admission Information available here.|
Top Ranked Art and Design Institution in Ireland for over 250 years, and ranked among the world’s top 100 universities for Art and Design (2016, QS University Rankings, World Wide by Subject)
All degrees accredited by UCD, which is ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities
Home to students from over 40 countries, creating a culturally rich community
Studio+ and Erasmus
New and Unique to NCAD, Studio+ gives Design and Fine Art Students the opportunity to engage with the world beyond campus and gain practical work experience, helping students to prepare for life after college. NCAD is also active in Erasmus+ and International exchanges. The college is linked with over 100 partner institutions and organisations globally - offering students an extensive range of study-abroad and traineeship opportunities.
NCAD students and graduates continually manage to push the boundaries in the contemporary Art and Design worlds, creating thought-provoking dialogue and opening minds to fascinating concepts. This is reflected in both nationally and internationally with our 2017 graduating students winning the RDS Visual Arts Prize, our students sweeping the board at the Design and Craft Council’s Future Makers Awards, and students winning global RSA Design Awards.